Sunday, March 6, 2011

Scallops Provencal and Herbed Jasmine Rice



This is an Ina Garten recipe - I idolize her on multiple levels, but that's another post. 

The link to the recipes is here -  http://www.foodnetwork.com/barefoot-contessa/shore-thing/index.html - under "Recipes in this Episode."

I used jasmine instead of basmati rice, and you can use whatever herbs you have on hand.  I threw in some steamed carrots.  The Husband-ator cleaned his plate.  Yummers.




The prep work (chopping parsley, garlic, shallots, scallions, etc.) is minimal but it helps to do it in advance and have it in its place, ready to go, before you saute the scallops.  The French call this "mise en place."  How awesome is that?  Wish I could "mise en place" everything in my life.  But you can't make a phrase a verb, so never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...